Monday, May 11, 2009

Ode to a Bagel


The Everything Bagel
Originally uploaded by bripc

O Bagel,
You are my world
My whole wheat everything, toasted please ya heard
Your salty brown self, with veggie spreaded hat
Don't you know that that is where it’s at? YEAH
Riding on the bus, my writing hand slack,
I looked in my tummy’s mind for a perfect post-final snack.
Cookies too rich, PB&J too bland,
I was running out of time before my bus would land.
That’s when I saw, out of the window by my head
Pick a Bagel on Third!
My tummy stopped dead.
I descended from the bus, excited and nervous
For your sweet crispy body, oh so curvous
Just a few short minutes, and I had you in my hands,
The tastiest snack ever, man oh man
Ran up to the dorm, ate a corner on the way,
Crazy and happy, you made my day.
Crunching poppy and sesame,
Salty tastes so good ta’ me
And that silky veggie spread got the colors I need
Carrots, onions, green things make me so free
My teeth tear at you, my round bready G,
Cause sometimes, bagel buddy, you’re kinda hard to eat
But it’s ok cause you made my day SUPER SWEET

© AYF 2009

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Alex Liang said...

I liked that.

And hey, my name's Alex and I'm living in 1101 Gramercy next semester, and google pointed me to your blog.

If you're still around, do you think I could come look around the room and see what's up?

Emma said...

i'm super jealous that you're done for the summer! also i'm procrastinatin' studying kanji! oh man, they're killin us with a monster kanji test on friday and i'm gonna die.

Alex said...

Hi fellow Alex! I'm glad we are so similar and cool. :) Unfortunately, I moved out of the room yesterday, and my roommate is leaving today. I don't think it would be possible for you to catch her and look at the room because it is just going to be moving chaos. However, I know that Gramercy is apparently full for summer residents, so if you're still in New York by around next week, you could probably just pop by and ask the 1101 summer people to look around the room.

Emma: Haha you're not gonna die. Just eat a bagel and you'll be fine. :P ... Do they HAVE bagels in Japan???