Friday, May 8, 2009

Junk Drawer 03 & 100th Post!

Hey guys! This is the 100th post for 13 Years of Clutter!

Thanks MyWickedSpace.com


Ahh brings back awful awful memories of Myspace. Does anybody still use that?! ha. Here are my random links for the week.


  • Cool Iris Pictures. This page full of pretty eyes is an "Untitled Document" according to the internet, but if it were up to me the title would be "AWESOME." (Scroll horizontally.) Maybe you can help me figure out the purpose of this, and why there are no brown eyes... :/

  • Invisibility "Cloak" Discovered at UC Berkeley. Yo I've been dreaming about this for years. Get excited!

  • Psyblog: The Science of Psychology. This is a page of links to their super-interesting articles, a lot of which are about our attention spans and why they are so funky. Lord knows I don't need a scientist to tell me about that...

  • Fix the Top 6 Causes of Clutter. Hey this one is relevant! :) I like the way CNN wrote this article - they take the clutter personality concept and offer realistic suggestions and useful links. For example, they cite the advice of the ApartmentTherapy.com founder: "[with gifts you received and are reluctant to get rid of even though you don't like them,] your duty is to receive it and thank the giver -- not to keep the gift forever."



Super catchy hummus rap. :)



  • Google Books preview of Does This Clutter Make My Butt Look Fat? A great book that synthesizes de-cluttering and dieting. It's on my list, now that I've seen this excerpt. :)

  • Retro Renovation. I just like this entire site, because it seems that retro is always in fashion, and they at least do it well at rr.com.

  • Candy Sushi. This amazing mom created a foody craft that is great for any age group. Older folks can supplement with real sake haha.

  • Savings Techniques for Women Who Can't Save. A friend of mine showed me this link, and I think it's great. It often seems that clutterers also have problems with finances, and these tips are very realistic and doable for both financially stable people and those who are getting themselves into deep sh*t with money every day...

  • The Unclutterer tells how to organize a shared drive. I love having an organized computer (hmm someday maybe I should post evidence of my pride and joy organization system) as you probably know. This post from The Unclutterer gives tips on a business-type shared network but they can work well for a personal computer too. Wow did I really just say "personal computer"?

  • Cathlin cooks... but mostly bakes!. Her dessert recipes make me crazy with lust late at night when I should be studying.

  • Multicolor Search Lab Flickr Set. Plug in up to 10 colors and this handy doohickey comes up with some really beautiful Flickr photos featuring those colors. I love it.

  • 30 Animal Photos That Will Make You Smile. Trust me, I too was a skeptical jerkface about this before I saw the pictures. Dare yourself to frown.


Have a great weekend, friends!

Stumble Upon Toolbar